Tuesday 9 December 2008

Ghost of me! :)


A rotting orange peel, a forgotten carrot,
Blue and green plastic bags, all spake about the hustle bustle from the previous night.
Round the corner I can see a cow preparing herself for the busy day as she goes about ignoring the blaring horn from the car.
A rush of cool breeze caresses my skin and makes me shiver a bit.
Shivam brings me the news update and moves on playing the sound of muzac.
Of course the morning is never complete is without the morning ritual, arguing over two rupees with the rickshaw wala.
The swarming bus is kind enough to give me that two inches of space.
My steps agile, I move through the ocean of familiar faces, acknowledging their presence.
College beckons, another day, another lecture, and the day proceeds, Shivam was long gone, now Pallavi has taken his place,
Surrounded by the music, the move through the day,
The scorching sun burns my screen,
Like a thirsty fish, water acts as a crutch,
Ah! Sweet relief! I am home again.
Those screaming brats welcome me,
Amidst all the hearty laughs, kiddish teasing, harmless fights
We manage to study a little,
Then begins my time alone, with a walk, accompanied those mouth watering golgappas and that road-side food.
The chitter-chatter continues on the phone,
Night as always so peaceful, so beautiful,
And the coy moon, he knows he leaves me awestruck.
That room so green, the rusty old scooter, the naughty kids, the four walls that keep me so warm are all mine,
Simple as it is, it is nobody else’s but mine.
Yes, they were all mine...…………………………………….
………………………………….
…………………………………
…………………………………….
And now I now walk with the something that once was,
Now I walk with a ghost.
Thankfully the ghost is mine! :)

No comments: